stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Monday, July 18, 2005

I totally remembered!

Can you believe that I'm back here, posting a new entry, and it's only been TWO days?!

On Saturday I woke up at 8 something to wash up and get ready to depart. Joe came home from McDonald's with my mom and dad, as they'd gone for breakfast. They brought home an Egg McMuffin combo for me (EEW!). Whatever happened to the BEST sandwich ever?! - the Sausage 'N Egg McMuffin! WHO eats the EGG McMuffin?!! BLEH! Oh well - free breakfast = can't complain.

We left for Kingston a little after 9 a.m. and drove for what seemed like an eternity on the 401. I slept for the initial hour or so, then decided to keep awake for fear of dying. Everyone else in the car was sleeping too and my dad was driving and I swear I thought I saw him dozing!!! From then on I tried to make a lot of noise, crank up my music through the headphones, etc., in hopes of keeping him awake. Thank goodness it worked! We arrived in Kingston around 12:30 and drove around for a little bit checking out the area. Next we hit up the Loblaws on Princess before finally scoping out the dingy and seedy apartment at 2 p.m. Man, that place was gross. The neighbourhood is good and all, but the place itself was so old and dilapidated. For $600/month it SO was NOT worth it. Anyway, I somehow managed to bump into Monica Cheung from St.Gabe's/LAT as she was walking through the neighbourhood. We headed back into Toronto and the family went out to dinner. Kev came to pick me up and we headed back to the house to eat. We were supposed to go to the Metro Food Fair and roam around, but it was RAINING! *grrrrr* I was SO looking forward to my lamb skewers!! I've been waiting for a YEAR now!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I was so mad! Anyway, we went back to the house and had cabbage rolls and watched Family Guy DVDs. Hahaha! Oh man, I love that show!

Nobody woke up for church on Sunday morning and my mom was QUITE the peeved because of that. Luckily I was still sleeping and didn't get my butt whooped. LOL! They went out to lunch and I got up for a shower. Kev and Brian came to get me around 1:30 and we headed out to Bamboo de Chine for some tasty dim sum. We headed over to Brian's diamond (Wilclay) after that and watched his team play for a bit (around 4 p.m.). I finally got to see Tracy, and I even bumped into Leslie Tan-Man. Turns out Jo's friend Kenny ALSO plays on their. It's insane. Sopheak arrived to watch for a bit as well, and shortly after that we headed out to our diamond (Wigmore) for our 6:00 p.m. game. We played against Soul and won 8-5. I got two catches, didn't make any runs, and totally baked in the heat! I was sweating buckets! Anyway, Sopheak, Grace, Brian, Kevin and I hung around after the game and continued to play til almost 10 p.m. We ate at Congee Queen after that and I got to drink some tasty HK Style Iced Lemon Tea! mMmm! I didn't sleep until 1:30 or so, as I was cleaning my room, talking on the phone, talking to Joe, etc. I will blog about today when I get home. I'm off work now!!! It's 1:00 p.m. Woo-hoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

awww you didn't wait 'til the rain stopped? it did stop around 8:00 and then everything was good @ metro square...well, except for that awful smell of the stinky tofu. you could have visited our booth!!

Monday, July 18, 2005 9:37:00 PM

 
Blogger iola said...

lol stinky tofu smells and tastes WONDERFUL! =P

neway, i wish i can get off work at 1 :( bleh!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Donna said...

[jaded]
The rain stopped?! ARGH!!!!! My lamb skewers!! :(

Would you happen to know if it's going to take place again sometime this summer?

By the way, you had a booth? Did YOU sell LAMB SKEWERS?!?!?!

[iola]
I still have yet to try it, man. Hahaha. I keep hearing scary things. EVEN from Kevin.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home