stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Monday, June 27, 2005

A fun weekend it was

I got home after work on Friday to hurriedly pack stuff up and throw Joe's new frisbee around for a bit at the park. I had intended on eating dinner with the family before I took off for the weekend, but my mom didn't get home from the doctor's and hair dresser's until 7 or 8 something? It all worked out in the end though - Zin was able to come get me without showing up on the parents' radar and I got to eat shepherd's pie instead of something like Congee Wong. Heh! We went to the house and packed up everything, ate, tried to organize a bunch of stuff, and finally hit the road around 11:30 p.m., if even! We didn't get to Waterloo until almost 1:00 a.m. The St. Paul's College graduate residences were nice. There even was air-conditioning. The accomodations were very neat and clean, and the room was a decent size.

On Saturday I woke up to Iola's call around 8:15 a.m. We headed out to CIF for the Pointfore tourny and, oh boy, what a hot gym it was. I still don't understand why there isn't A/C there. The tournament was pretty fun but I slowly ran outta juice. I was pretty tired nearing the end of it. Most of the matches were pretty unfair but oh well. Of all games that we played first, we competed against horse legs, the perv/pedophile, and horse legs' girlfriend. I'm not revealing any names here. You either know or you don't. Hehe! After the tournament the three of us just went to SLC to chill out for a bit. We just lounged around and chatted til we got hungry enough for dinner. Off to Leung Yau we went for all-you-can-eat hot pot and watermelon slushy juice! mMmm! So tasty! Before driving back to Toronto, Zin and I stopped off at the tasty bubbletea place in U-Plaza by Philip & University to pick up some drinks. Their bubbletea is so good! We actually got back into town fairly early. We watched the Nutty Professor before bed and then passed out while watching Alfie with JUDE LAW!! LOL!

We didn't head out until 3:00 p.m. or so on Sunday. We hit up T&T, M&M Meat Shops, Food Basics, and Price Chopper and bought a TON of groceries. Actually, it wasn't really a ton. It just happened to be pricey because of all the meat that was purchased - lamb, mesquite burgers, filet mignon, etc. After cleaning up the fridge and organizing everything in the freezer, we cooked up some bacon and eggs for snack (breakfast AND lunch had been skipped). We chilled out and browsed through flyers and M&M's magazines full of recipes and stuff before making dinner around 9:00 p.m. We grilled some pork chops with raspberry chipotle sauce, and honey garlic teriyaki chicken breasts (or something like that), along with grilled zucchini. We also cooked up some green beans and onions with garlic. Before I knew it, it was time to go home (again). I got home and unpacked all my dirty badminton clothes and laundry and such. I didn't sleep until 1:30 or so.......

...and I totally regretted it this morning. I was supposed to shower at 6 but didn't drag myself out of bed until 6:40. I wanted to stay in the shower all day. I passed out on the subway but couldn't get comfortable like I normally do. I hate sitting between people. They provide no support. LOL! The morning passed by reaaaaaaaallly slowly. I could barely keep my eyes open. I was definitely looking forward to lunch. I went to the Elephant & Castle Pub next door and had the Guiness Irish Stew with an iced tea. The stew had parsnips and carrots and braised lamb with garlic mashed potatoes. It was alright. Sounds better than it really was. For starters, I don't like their potatoes. Secondly, braised lamb definitely is not as good as lamb loin chops. Thirdly, I think stew was a bad choice for lunch. It was so heavy and filling and warm on a HOT, SUMMER day. Aiya....

Anyway, I better get back to work now. Lunch was over at 2:00 but I've been sitting here blogging away. Oh the joys of sitting in a secluded corner of the office now that Susan is gone (this was originally her desk but she left and part-timers now get to use it). It was kinda cruddy sitting here this mroning because the light above my area is blown and it was super dark and dim. It hurt my eyes to try to focus on seating reports. Indy is my saviour though - he lent me his desk lamp and now...well...."let there be light!!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

heh, didnt realize i had gotten so behind on your blogs

Monday, June 27, 2005 8:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

reading those food descriptions always make me hungry...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:53:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home