stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Exhaustion/fatigue are the answers

Why is that?

Well, for starters, they make you forget. Or you could call it not giving a rat's ass 'cuz you're way too tired.

Brian came over to my place yesterday after his softball practice. We hit up Skymark so that I could pick up some sunscreen (go Neutrogena!) from Pharma Plus, as well as some moola from TD. We ate lunch at Fantaxia and walked back to my place afterwards. Mish arrive soonafter and we took QUITE a long time to load the two bikes into her dad's 4Runner. The cabin turned out to be a lot LESS spacious than I'd thought. Brian ended up deciding that he was just going to meet up with his cousin rather than joining us at Centre Island (party pooper!).

So Mish's dad took us down to the docks. We unloaded our bikes and ferried across. Khoa, Jackie, Sopheak, and Grace met up with us at the bike rental station and we explored the island for the rest of the day. We bought ice cream at Centreville and contemplated on purchasing $10 cartoon foil balloons. Mish and I broke off from them and biked to the other side of the island and discovered many tiny private and oh-so-cute cottages! We also played with the cutest baby kitty ever that was roaming around on someone's yard. In our efforts to race across the entire island in 5 minutes to catch the 8:15 p.m. ferry back to Toronto, I killed my quadriceps. I should've given up when I couldn't feel my legs anymore, but I still decided to cycle through the pain. I don't think I've ever biked that fast before either....or that far. OMG. You know what the worst part is? We still ended up missing the ferry.

I went to 9:00 a.m. mass at Good Shepherd today. We dropped Karen home after that and went to lunch at Market. Did some grocery shopping, followed by CanTire shopping. Woohoo to that! Dad bought me all these bike accessories that I was about to pay for myself. We picked Joe up from work, then headed home to install most of the stuff onto my bike. Sopheak arrived, I went inside to pack up my softball stuff, and we headed out to the diamond. They switched locations on us last minute and that was quite bothersome. Initially we were supposed to play at Riseborough at Birchmount and Steeles. Somehow we got switched to Wilclay at McCowan and Steeles. Like, could it be any closer?! Anyway we won 27-6 against the Disciples. Not bad for a season starter, eh? GO PALADINS! I'm happy that I didn't strike out. I think I only ran singles though...and didn't run very fast either. I was in a lot more pain than I let on. Don't know if I should've sprinted like that towards the bases. It couldn't have done my quads much good. I came home and went out to dinner with dad and mom shortly after that. Joe stayed home to study for his exams. And...now? Well, I'm bored, exhausted, in pain, and totally freaked out still. But, again, like the title of my post and the initial lines of this entry.....I'm too exhausted to give a care. That's not such a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home