stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hungry....

So I'm sitting here at work, taking calls on and off. Patrons are funny; they either don't call for 10 minute intervals, or they ALL like to call at the same time and flood our lines. Awesome.

So I was on the phone with this one patron for quite a long time earlier this morning. He told me to guess his age and he'd guess mine. He though that I was 28. I guessed that he was 30. So I was off by about 35 years. So what? I'm bad at guessing. He was off by 9. He was very surprised to find that I was born in HK, funny enough. Should I even have been giving away my personal information like that? LOL! He's got a 75 lb. black labrador retriever that he and his wife named Likorice. He recently released a CD, and had 10 world-renowned pianists play at his house for free. I take it he's some crazy classical/orchestral hotshot? Either way, he was nice.

Then there was another patron who called in freaking about how the TSO "wastes money" in mailing out so many ads and reminders to him, as well as enclosing paid postage envelopes. I didn't bother explaining to him that the only time that we get charged for said envelopes is when they're actually used. What a doofus. Either way, he was complaining how we mail him donation and renewal reminders after he's "already renewed AND included a donation each year". Hence, he wanted to be removed from all solicitation lists. Somebody must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Anyway, so back to my original topic. I can finally go on lunch in about 6 minutes (i.e. at 1:30 p.m.). The phones have been pretty quiet for the past 10 minutes. I'm soooo starving and waiting to go get my two submarines from the fridge.

I'm feeling better since my last few posts. Things have brightened up a bit. Hopefully they stay this way.

I currently have a hatred for moving, flying, airplanes, and anywhere outside of Toronto. Don't ask.....

Okay....guess what?

LUNCH TIME!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I see you have finally experienced what a pain in the butt customers are, how they all seem to call in at once. its not just like that at TSO, its like that everywhere. Stupid customers! LOL

Friday, May 06, 2005 2:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home