stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Gonna get into shape....hopefully

So I'm sitting at my Assistant Manager's desk today because there aren't enough part-timer desks available for all the...well...part-timers that are in to work. 12:00 noon is the one sale for The Star Wars Concert, so I guess that's why they called in for extra people. Nuts, eh? It feels kinda odd sitting here, with all the people passing by the office and then stopping to take another glance. Yes people, I'm not Kevin, and no, I haven't been promoted. Not yet, anyway. LOL!

I wonder if all this physical activity lately has been doing anything to my body aside from tiring it out. I biked for several hours down at the Beaches with Michelle on Saturday. On Monday I played badminton for about 3 hours (didn't sit out much because there were only 5 of us). Yesterday I had softball practice. SPEAKING OF SOFTBALL PRACTICE - I stopped a grounder yesterday by charging it. However, let me finish. It's not what you would imagine it to be. I took a step-too-many and ended up stopping the speeding grounder with my shin. Oh mannnn. It really didn't hurt that much at first, but as I stood in the field afterwards, it began to throb. I iced it last night - not sure if that did it any good. Anyway, I have the most painful bruise now.

So that was softball practice. After work today I'm playing badminton again at Tait. I'm quite tired, but I think I'll be okay. Just not gonna play any crazy games. Let's see. Saturday I should be heading to Centre Island again with Michelle to bike, and if I make it back uptown in time I'll be playing badminton at L'Amoreaux with Iola.

Sunday is our first softball game of the season at the Riseborough diamond....wherever that is. Denise thinks that it's in Scarborough. Go figure, eh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Ok, I've spoken to a higher power (No, it wasn't God.) And apparently the park is out by P-Mall. What the heck?!?!
*shrug*

And excuse me, I got a ball to the kneecap, that's a LOT less normal than a ball to the shin :) *thumbs up* keep up the good work.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:11:00 PM

 
Blogger iola said...

quick search on google turns up:
http://www.slopitch1.com/map/scarborough/
It's the one marked RB (not RIB which the listing says...)
It's east of Warden and north Steeles. Enjoy =)

btw, Donna, did you get my e-mail Re: SOTF?

Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Donna said...

[denise]
Wow, we're gonna play fobby softball! w00t! LOL!

Dude, I just found out that not only is there the end-of-season post-concert BBQ on the 9th for the TSO, but there's ALSO RTH's end-of-season party that TSO staff are invited to on the 27th of JUNE. You going?!

[iola]
Yay! Thanks for not being lazy like me and actually looking it up instead of hinting for it in a blog entry and hoping that someone else will look it up. ;)

Yea, I got your e-mail. It's so early this year!

Btw, remind me to talk to you about a KEN I met from UW. :) Oh, and not the SAME "Ken" from SOTF who's name they constantly got wrong. ;)

Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home