stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It's been alright!

Okay, quick post before bed per request...just cuz I know that I won't have time to type up an e-mail.

This is how I spent my Victoria Day long weekend:

On Friday, I met up with Zin after he got off work in the morning and we headed to the house to chill and pack and watch the O.C. season finale. I was at the house until 1:30 a.m. or so...and I didn't get home til roughly 2:00 a.m. He dropped me home, and we said our goodbyes.......................

Saturday the was Shirley's BBQ down at the Beaches with her high school buddies and YUBC. That was pretty chill. I spent most of the time at the grill (as usual), but I did get to toss the softball around a bit near the end of the day. I burnt my finger on the flippin' grill though. ARGH. What a painful blister. It's not so bad now; it's actually not as bad as you would imagine it to be. However, it was SO tender at the time. *OUCH!* I went home afterwards and spent the evening scrubbing the grills. Black, soapy suds flew EVERYWHERE in the laundry room. In the end I had to scrub down the walls.

Mish and I went to church together on Sunday morning. Man, it was SO jokes. Our usual priest wasn't there, and Father Webber wasn't present either. I think they were both away on vacation. Anyway, so at one point the whole church prayed the wrong prayer because the priest totally said the wrong thing. We had pho for lunch, then hit up Metro to get bubbletea at TenRen's. mMmm! Strawberry milk black, little ice, no tapioca, with a scoop of ice cream. Just as good as a green tea slush (no red bean) with a scoop of ice cream, OR regular milk black, no tapioca, with...you got it....a scoop of ice cream! SO tasty! Anyway, we were about to split after that, but decided to hit up Fairview for a "little while"...which turned out to be the rest of the afternoon. I saw this TOTALLY hot pair of shoes. Like, okay, so they're not the HOTTEST shoes I've EVER seen, but those who know me know that I totally have problems finding running shoes. I literally hate most of what I see on all those shelves in stores. So this pair of Nike's totally caught my eye....and now I CAN'T stop thinking about them. Mish wouldn't let me get them though - she knew that I needed work shoes more. Anyway, this is what they look like. Mind you, I also need new badminton shoes, cleats for softball, and running shoes that I would actually have the heart to play in. I totally would NOT want to muck up THESE shoes if I got them. :( HOT shoes here! If Daniel Wu were in shoe form, he'd be this shoe right now. So after a day of shopping - I also bought two belts from Jacob Connexion that were on sale; $10 each! - I went home to have dinner with family. Yea, I really need to be home more often for dinner before I get slaughtered by the 'rents.

On Monday I woke up around .....a late hour (LOL!)...showered, and started to clean my room. I cleaned out the fish tank, organized some stuff, etc. Emily, Brian and Jackie arrived around 5:00 p.m. and we hit up Pacmall. I withdrew some cash from TD, then bought a phone card at some Chinese store (yea, that REALLY explains a LOT in Pacmall - "some Chinese store"). Brian and I got a bag of curry shrimp chips and a Sunkist that was "made of real juice". Somehow curry and orange pop totally don't mix. Don't try it. *shudders* We picked up Charley from Mandarin afterwards and retrieved Jackie's car from Metro. Emily headed home and we went to Mix2 to shoot some pool. Finally we were hungry enough, so we headed to Nagoya for sushi buffet. We even got a 10% discount this time cuz Charley knew some waitress there! *woo-hoo!* We dropped Pam home after dinner, who'd dropped by to say hi. Next we hit up the house and fed the frogs, followed by hamster torture. LOL! I swear Charley's female hamster is gonna have a heart attack one of these days. Jackie took me home around midnight, and I went to bed around 4:00 a.m. after Brian's phone died out...I think?

Today, I woke up to the phone ringing at around 7:30 a.m. HE CALLED!!!!!!!! I was so ecstatic to hear his voice! We talke for a bit til he had to go for dinner with friends (12-hour difference). I called him back per arrangement around 10:30 a.m. and we talked almost noon. Yea, I ended up being late for work, as I was supposed to be in for 1:00 p.m. I tried my best to rush outta work at 5:00 p.m. I met up with Sopheak at Empress and we found Denise by the TeaShop 168 on Yonge. Off to softball practice we went, which was so much fun! I got nailed in the thigh by a grounder, but it's all good. No bruises! YAY! Okay, so yea, it was super fun! Sopheak's such a star player! Heehehe! GO PHEAK! So yea, Grace (not YUBC Grace, but rather softball Grace) dropped Sopheak and I off at my place, where Emily, Kent and Shannon were waiting for Sopheak. I couldn't head out as I needed to sleep early for work at 8:45 the next morning, but oh well. I ate some dinner, chatted with some people, and now I'm 37 minutes overdue for bed! AHH! Nites folks!

P.S. So I guess this post didn't turn out to be so short afterall......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home