stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Friday, June 24, 2005

It has escaped!

No, conmen have not broken out of the Kingston Penitentiary. No, your dog didn't get out of the yard last night (at least not that I know of...). My memory is what has gotten away. It ran with the wind and flew off...for now. Maybe it's merely due to the fact that it's only 9:11 a.m. Hehe!

I've been sitting here trying to recall what I did this past week. It's...umm...not going too well. This is going to take me a while.

On Monday, I worked from 1:00 to 5:00. I TTC-ed over to the house as Zin freshened up after a bummy day of work (LOL!). We had to make effective use of time, as many stores close by 7:00 on a Monday. We hit up Cycle Path at Weston and Hwy.7 to check out bike racks. After leaving to check out Canadian Tire (only to find NOTHING), we headed back across the street and decided on one from Cycle Path. Next we headed back across the street again to purchase my new bike. It was interesting loading it onto the bike rack in the middle of the Canadian Tire parking lot. Heh! Anyhoo, we went back to the house and grilled up some pork chops and salmon and mushrooms real fast seeing as how someone was starving! The evening flew by again and before I knew it the day was over.

Tuesday was a full day at the office, followed by meeting up with Sopheak at Finch Station. We bussed back to my place and got a ride to softball from my mom. Afterwards a bunch of us went out to pho for dinner. I came home and fell asleep on the couch watching Season 4 of Dawson's, and went back upstairs to sleep around 12:30-1ish.

Wednesday was my day off!! The Home Depot in-home estimate guy was supposed to come at 10:00 a.m. but he didn't arrive until 11:00! He ended up being a jerk because he gave me lip. Well, he just lost a customer so whatever. I went out for a late lunch with my parents and Joe, then headed home to clean my room. Zin picked me up and we headed out to Fairview so I could get my contacts. Next stop was Bayview Cycle where I picked up a new bike seat. We finally headed back to the house to install the seat, the odometer, and to raise my handlebars. We took them out for a spin on the path off of Shoreham and saw five bunnies in the meantime. It was entirely bug-ified there though. I don't know how many I swallowed. (I'm kidding!) We cooked up some shepherd's pie for dinner after that and, for another night, didn't get a chance to clean the froggies.

Thursday was a rough day here at work for me. I spent the entire day seating or dealing with the most complicated complaints from some really selfish patrons. That woman.....I'm gonna blacklist her. My eyes were super tired from lack of sleep and wearing cons all day too. The funny thing is that I didn't actually leave at 5:00, which is what one would usually expect after a long day - for me to FLY out of the office at 5 on the dot. Well, instead I stayed even later to work on seating until 6:30 or so. At least I got more work done. I subwayed up to Downsview and met up with Zin. We chilled for a while before grilling up some tasty lamb loin chops, accompanied by sauteed carrots and vidalia onions with wine. Too bad we didn't have enough time to let the chops marinate for longer. Anyway, by the time we finished dinner it was 11 something. *sigh* Back home I went to do laundry, wait for the cycles to finish, throw items into the dryer, hang up any non-dryer-ables (I totally made up a word!), and I managed to sleep by 1:45. My old Paladins jersey shrank like...a TON......

I woke up at 6:30 to shower. Today is such a nice day. I'm decked out in sportswear at work. This is awesome. I hate work clothes. Why can't I wear shorts to work everyday?!

My eyes are feeling alright today. I decided not to put in my cons til after I got to work. I popped them in before I went on a breakfast run. They're feeling a-okay. Alright, gotta actually do some work now. I'm off to Waterloo tonight and won't be back til late tomorrow evening. Then it's off to Queen Street for some shopping wth Zin on Sunday!!! Wheee!!! SHOES!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

shoes? oopsie....... :D

Monday, June 27, 2005 7:58:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home