stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Time to get caught up

I've fallen behind a few days in posting, so here's fair warning that this may be a lengthy entry.

One quick question to anyone who may have the answer (obviously):
My CRT is flickering noticeably. Any idea why?
I know that I could Google it, but it'd be helpful if someone could leave a simple explanation. Thanks in advance!

The end-of-season TSO BBQ at RTH on Thursday night was alright - just some regular BBQ food and appetizers/desserts. Had a pretty good time just chillin' with the CS people. Denise and I subwayed back uptown and I got in around 1:30 or so. Gave Zin a quick call and actually caught him in his room.

I totally slept in on Friday morning - didn't get up for work until almost 8:00 a.m. I raced out the door and got to work around 9:15; that's 30 MINUTES LATE! Omg.........! 12:30 p.m. arrived soon enough and I headed downstairs to Swiss Chalet to meet up with Anne, Angela, Janis and Joyce for lunch. Too bad I only had an hour to spare, but that's already not bad. It would've been better if the service was faster. Oh well. It was pretty awesome to catch up with everyone, in brief mind you. We've still got time. We'll meet again, someday. LOL!

The rest of Friday's workday flew by and I headed home to watch the second last episode of this past season of ER. Doctor Carter is leaving!!! Well, not that I didn't know to begin with, but to actually see it play out is somewhat sad. I liked him; he was a cool character with a lot of history on the show. Anyway, we headed out around 7 p.m. to meet up with Lor and Dan for Joe's 16th birthday dinner. Can you imagine? "Little Donna" is 16 already, and he's not little anymore either. I mean, he's still a twig and all (as are several other individuals that come to mind...heh!) but he keeps on sprouting vertically. When was that supposed to happen to ME a good 5 years ago?!?! *cries* Anyway, the meal was tasty and good times were had. Way too much seafood though, like any and all other celebratory dinners. Aii..... Joe and myself headed back to Dan and Lor's place to play poker and eat gross hazelnut cake from Maxim's after dinner. For a first-time Hold 'Em player, I did fairly well. I won a few large pots, but still ended up losing in the end. I guess it didn't help that I constantly had to refer to my print-out of poker hands. Yes, I'm a NEWB!

On another note, Lor's giving me her Polarized Oakley's for 90 bucks! What a deal! Wahahaha!

Saturday consisted on dim sum with my brother and parents, followed by grocery shopping at Market, Bayview Loblaws, and the new Bayview Village Loblaws - yes, two different Loblaws'. Anne came over after that and we made Perogies for dinner! Man, those things are filling. Guh. We watched "Enter The Phoenix" with Daniel Wu and Karen Mok over dinner. I left partway to shower only to have to freeze for 20 minutes because somebody was using the water! ARGH. Long story. Anyway, we left for the airport around 10 p.m. and picked up Zin. Welcome back!!!! Back to the house we went, to open souvenirs and discover a sauna-like house. Oh man. The air-conditioning is practically non-existant. So psychotically hot!!! :S Anne took me home around 12:15 and I ended up talking on the phone until 6:30 a.m. or so....................LOL!

Sunday was NOT COOL. I woke up feeling nauseous and barely made it to the toilet to chuck after rinsing toothpaste out of my mouth. I already felt like hurling upon waking up, but I figured that I could keep it down and that it would pass. I guessed wrong. Anyway, I had to be downtown at Roy Thompson Hall for 1:45 p.m. I managed to get through Concert Duty feeling like total crap. Zin came to get me at 3:00 p.m. Thank goodness he'd picked up some Gatorade like I'd asked him to. I definitely didn't want to eat anything but I need some fluids and sugar in my system. Mini Oreos from Finch Station didn't seem to really do the trick. We hit up the Woodbridge Costco and signed up for a membership. Guess who I saw there, by the way? Mr. Desilets and Miss Villano. No, wait. Sorry, I stand corrected - Mr. and Mrs. Desilets. Heh! So yea, that was a bit of a surprise. Anyway, we picked up a fan and some groceries, then swung by Shoppers to get me some Gravol. The quick-dissolve tablets are insane, I tell you! They literally TOUCH water and disappear almost immediately! That may not be important to the rest of you, but for someone who doesn't take capsules or pills, it's some uber good news! I ate some Campbell's Chunky Beef Vegetable soup later that evening at the house, which wasn't even that much (as in, I didn't finish it). Anything that was being ingested was wreaking havoc on my stomach.

I passed out on my bed upon getting home. Somebody tucked me in at what I was later told to be 1:00 a.m. or so (from Joe, by Joe). I woke up around 9:40 a.m. in a groggy panic. "^*&$! I'm supposed to be at work for 8:45!!......I think?! What day is it?!" I check my calendar to discover that it's Monday. OH NO! I stare a little longer at it to finally realize that I was working a half-day in the afternoon. *PHEW!* Back to bed I went, but not before setting my alarm for 12 noon. I wake up literally one minute later upon realizing that 12 noon made no sense. I was supposed to go out the DOOR then. Ugh. I reset my phone's alarm again for 10:40 and finally settled back into bed. The next time I woke up, it was 10:53 a.m. What the dilio?! WHY hadn't my alarm gone off?! I pick up my phone to realize that the dumb-ard here had set it for 10:40 P.M. *sigh* I took a quick shower and went to work feeling like crud. My shift passed fairly quickly, and I stuck around until 7:15 p.m or so doing lottery ticket processing with Lucas, Orsolya and Jason. Back uptown to Downsview I went to meet up with Zin. We raced up to FMP to drop off some racquets at Yo's for stringing, then hit up Congee Wong for some congee. Next was Iola's house to figure out some details for the Pointfore tourny, which we are now signed up for.

I didn't go in to work today. I woke up to my stomach feeling quick unsettled again. It's been churning for most of the day. Not a painful unsettled feeling, mind you, but more of a "I'm out to make you feel uncomfortable all day" type of unsettled. I guess you can say that that's a little bit better???? I went and had some congee for lunch with mom and Joe. I'm home now writing up this super blog entry. Whoever reads this far is nuts.

So yea......tonight is softball practice from 6:30 or so til 9:00 p.m.-ish. The team might head out to pho or food somewhere afterwards? I'm not really too keen on the idea of eating right now, but we'll see. Maybe a nice glass of water will be good. Good ol' tasty water.....................*rolls eyes*

2 Comments:

Blogger iola said...

about the CRT problem....(choose one of the following...)
1. It's about to die
2. It's just being fussy...just wait it out.
3. Too much disturbance from other things (cell/cordless phones, microwave, etc, etc.)

But from experience it's usually just being fussy. Just ignore it, turn it off when you're not using it, etc.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:15:00 AM

 
Blogger tetley tee said...

wait. wait wait wait wait.
Ms Villano and Mr Desilets?! WHAAAA?!?!?!?!?
oh em gee.

and CRT flicker = buy an LCD. =D

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 2:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home