stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Something to say

I couldn't think of a more original title, so I'll state the obvious - I have something to say. (DUH!)

I experience once of those embarassing TTC moments yesterday. I always doze on and off while commuting, and this time I finally got "settled" around Leslie. What a bad idea. The next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes and TOTALLY knew that I had just missed my stop. My eyes had been shut for too long. Oh no. I woke up, looked around, and realized that we were driving over the 404. D'oh!! At this point, I was deliberating whether to tell the driver that I'd missed my stop and to kindly issue me a transfer....or to just waste a token and save myself the embarassment. Well, I didn't want to waste $2, and I figured that the driver would probably never see me again, or at least wouldn't recognize me, so I went to have a quick chat with him. He was pretty cool about and just kinda smirked at me. *sigh*

I raced home to head to the doc's with my mom. While in the waiting room, it was decided that none of the YUBC people wanted to Buffet King. Oh well. It was their idea in the first place. Instead someone suggested Mandarin over Buffet King. That's just disgusting. So yea, better for me I guess. Iola and I decided to go for sushi buffet instead for an early birthday celebration (hers, not mine). SO MUCH FOOD. Oh man.....

I went home, vegged at Joe's comp, and watched an episode or two of ER. I'm still not caught up because the last few eps are on tape as opposed to being downloaded. The TV download site had just shut down around that time, so Joe told me, and he hasn't bothered to download them since. Instead, he's in the process of getting all of season 1 of some show called Lost. I *think* I've heard about it before? Not entirely sure. Either way, it's been downloading for about a day and a half now, and it's 9 GBs total. That's nuts!

Khoa is supposed to be building my new system over the summer. In exchange for his labour, I'll be burning him my 10 GBs of music, as well as all of Season 2 of the O.C. He's also going to teach me how to hop a curb on my bike....so that I don't face-plant. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I was up until about 2:00 a.m. on the phone with Mish discussing futures and plans and school and such. I called into work and told them that I'd be in for 1:00 p.m. instead of 8:45 a.m. My brain felt fried anyway. I desperately needed the rest. Inside this head of mine, everything's still swirling, and I'm totally freaked out and panicking....but enh. A little sleep did it some good. At least I'm not as on edge today.

The workday is almost up. It hasn't been so bad. My eyes are insanely dry right now because, once again, I'm at my Assistant Manager's desk again. They didn't have enough part-timer desks available for everyone that was in. The managers' office has a fan blowing around and so there currently is a flow of air directed at my eyes....and you guys must know how uncomfortable that can feel. I'm off at 5:00 p.m., and then I've got Concerty Duty at RTH at 6:45 p.m., so I should have some time to grab some dinner, enjoy some of the warm weather, and then head on over to work again. Tonight is the TSO's end-of-season post-concert BBQ at RTH, so it should be fun. A lot of the staff are going, so it'll be a good mingling event. Too bad Zin isn't here. We were allowed to bring someone. That would've been neat. Oh well.

I'm thinking of playing in the Pointfore tourny on the 25th of June. That weekend seems to be free right now. Just maybe?

I'm also gonna be painting the bathroom(s) in my house. Gotta sand off the old paint, sand down the wall to make it smooth, paint a coat of primer on there, then two coats of bathroom/kitchen waterproof and mildew proof paint. If anyone's interested in helping me, PLEASE let me know. I don't wanna do this by myself and it'll be fun. I'll throw in some perks (to be announced if you inquire).

That's all for now. Got to get back to work.
I have nothing else to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

returned have i. And i read the email about the Pfore tourney and it doesnt make any sense to me. So uh yea........ i dunno

Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:41:00 AM

 
Blogger 愛麗絲 said...

it *really* was not that embarrasing :)) i'm sure the bus driver experiences something like that many times each day :)) *~smiles~*

Monday, June 13, 2005 8:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Donna said...

[zin]
That's okay. That's why we have Iola! :D

[juejue]
HEY! I haven't heard from youuuuu in a long time! Too bad you're not going to be in KW on the 25th (or any weekend for that matter). Iola and I are going to be playing in a tournament!

By the way, I've heard some pretty insane things about your new landlady.....

Oh, and about the TTC experience - no, I guess it wasn't THAT embarassing. To be honest I was too groggy and in a hurry to really give it much though. It was merely a decision of whether I should waste $2 or not. LOL! Either way I wouldn't have WALKED all the way back home. ;)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home