stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Monday, June 20, 2005

Gettin' busy

Before anyone even thinks of remarking about the title of this entry, let me explain. LOL!

With work pretty much being a guaranteed 8:45-5:00 from Monday to Friday, aside from Holidays and days that I might book off on the occasion, it leaves me with much less time to take care of things, run errands, etc. I'm not really speaking of the fact that I could be having fun instead of working at the office because, well, in order to have fun I must first make money (this usually applies, at least).

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how accomodations are working of the Pointfore tournament that's happening this weekend in Waterloo. Iola, Kevin and I are playing as a team, and no one seems to be on school term right now. Well, Bryan isn't in this weekend anyway. So yea...are we to stay at Iola's friends' place and camp out on the floor with sleeping bags, or should we book a room at a Holiday Inn sorta thing and spend $50-$60 for one night? Aiya.....

Then there's figuring out what to do for Canada Day. I want to go away for a bit but this big family dinner stupid birthday thing is getting to really be a pain in the butt. To make a long story short, a non-family member, non-relative is having a big 81st birthday party dinner thing that my mom wants me to go to. It conflicts with my Canada Day plans. ARGH!

I'm not worrying too much about SOTF right now except for making sure that I'm signed up. We'll think about that later.

On a lighter and brighter note, I'm at work now and the phones are practically dead. The season's over so we're not getting any calls about exchanges or whatnot! Woo-hoo!

Continuing with where I left off.......Friday June the 17th.....I got off work and don't think I've been that glad in a LONG time that it was Friday and 5:00 p.m. I'd been working through a headache since ~ 1:00 p.m. and it was still going strong. I hopped onto the subway and dozed for a bit. That didn't help a whole lot but oh well. Kev met me at Downsview and we headed back to the house. I napped for a while and that sort of helped a bit. Then the headache came back. What a nuisance. Anyway, we grilled up some steaks and zucchini and mushrooms for dinner. mMmmm!

I went out to lunch with just my mom on Saturday. Joe had gone fishing with Loretta and Dan. They switched last-minute from Sunday to Saturday because Lor couldn't make Sunday anymore, and it worked for Joe either way...so yea. I'd already promised that I would go to softball on Saturday, so no fishing for me. Yet again.....*sigh* At least I got my Oakley's delivered to me. You know what's crappy though? First off, there was NO SUN! I didn't get to break them. Secondly, it's not like I could break them out anyway - I lost my right contact in the process of putting in eye drops; it must've gotten flushed out. Now I've gotta go order new cons too. *grrr* Oh yea...so back to Saturday. We were humbled playing against the Crusaders. We lost 5-15. I caught about 4 outs playing left rover and got two "RBI's", as Kev said. I can't remember what that stands for. Oh well, the team hustled so it was still good fun! The team did their poker night afterwards but I didn't join. Shirley, Sopheak, Grace, Brian, Kevin and I stuck around at the diamond and continued to play some more. Then they went off to Swiss Chalet for dinner. Kev and I went back to the house to watch a movie.

I slept in on Sunday, bummed around, and didn't do much. Went out to the magical place (don't ask) for dinner and had some really good fried squid. Came home, went online for a bit again to figure out SOTF stuff, and then talked on the phone for the rest of the night til 2:30 or so. I wanted to keep reading The Da Vinci Code, so I sat in bed and read til I dozed off. I woke up around 7:30 to turn off my light, then went back to bed until 11:00. Got up, washed up, cooked up some eggs and leftover spam for breakfast (there was no food in the fridge that was quicker than spam), and rolled out the door to work. Here I am now posting. Better get off and actually do something productive now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

RBI - Runners batted in :P

Monday, June 27, 2005 7:53:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home