stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Friday, June 17, 2005

And WHAT a storm it was

Continuing with where I left off in my last entry, softball practice was very laid back this past Tuesday. We practiced catching in outfield and throwing to the cut-off. Then we headed over to some diamond by Bridlewood Mall to possibly challenge another team to a friendly game. Of course, the black freakstorm clouds were threateningly looming over us. The other team decided to bat for a bit as we fielded for them. Um...yea...luckily we closed up early because a few minutes after I got into softball Grace's car (as in, not YUBC Grace), it started to storm insanely. We literally could not see a thing in front of us and the wipers were going at full speed. We could barely make out the car in front of us, lines on the roads obviously weren't visible, and Rogers phonecalls were not connecting properly. My calls home continuously cut out. Anyway, a quick run from my driveway to the front door resulted in me being soaked. It was that bad. Grace had to wait out the rain at my place for a bit. I ate dinner in the dark with the help of Joe's MagLite, then started up a quick candle-lit game of Hold 'Em in my room. Soonafter, Brian arrived with McDonald's apple pie delivery for me, and they (him, Jackie, Sopheak) came in to play as well. Around 10:30 p.m. we all headed over to the house instead to continue playing, where Emily and Khoa were. Charley was studying upstairs "with me". Oiii...that was a close call. Anyhoo, Jackie took Joe and I home for 1 a.m. or so. I was so insanely tired at work the next day.

On Wednesday I worked from 8:45-5:00. Headed home to change and drop off my stuff. Went out to Fairview with Kevin and Joe to hit up Foot Locker. I ended up buying the Nike Impax 2 running shoes, but I haven't actually broken them out yet. I'm gonna see if they're really for me. I mean, I like them and all but both Kevin and Joe think that they're a bit much. Take a look see! SHOES! We dropped Joe back home and headed out to Colossus to watch Madagascar. Burger King is so gross, let alone CINEMA Burger King food. *ugh* The movie was alright; not as good as the other cartoons that I've seen - Monster's Inc., Finding Nemo, etc. You KNOW that Boo was insanely cute in Monster's Inc.!

I didn't get into work until 9:15 on Thursday. It's okay though....sorta. Three other people were experiencing TTC delays. The day passed...extremely slowly....but it did. I got a really anal secretary calling in for a patron that totally pissed me off for the rest of the day. I tried to leave work by 5:05 p.m. to make it home in time for a 6:00 p.m. appointment. We had some dude coming over to do an in-home estimate for roofing and eavestroughs and stuff. I got an earful for getting home at 6:05. I later asked Joe when the dude had arrived to find out that he came early. Okay, so like nobody told you guys to freakin' start without me, so it's NOT my problem. The appointment was supposed to be at 6:00 p.m. I get off at 5! I do not FLY up from downtown, and there IS something called TRAFFIC and RUSH HOUR. Freakin' hell man. Jeez. I was so pissed off...along with a bunch of other stuff. UGH. Anyway, after the appointment, Joe and I biked off to release some....animals...into the wild. After that, I stayed home for a fairly good dinner. Since eating congee for 4 days straight because of the stomach flu that I'd come down with, solid food just tasted good. For the remainder of the evening I worked through some seating reports from work that I'd taken home while watching the 1st season of LOST with Joe. We got through about 4 episodes or so. It's not bad. I don't think it's as captivating as some of the other shows that I already watch. Hrm...we'll see.

On Friday...LOL! Oh my! I just realized that I was ready to type all about Friday when it dawned on me that today is Friday is still happening. Hahah! Stupid me! So far it's been so chill and fun. It's almost 12:30 p.m. now and I've taken no more than 5 calls. It's so sweet that it's the end of the season! Patrons can't call in to exchange concerts anymore cuz there IS only ONE concert left! I went on the CS breakfast run with Jason. Picked up a bunch of coffees and some McDonald's. I myself had the Sausage 'N Egg McGriddle with ROUND EGG instead of folded egg. It was pretty good at the MOMENT. Everything was kinda mushy though. I think I prefer the McMuffin still. Anyway, I now feel like a lump of thing. It's just sitting in me. I think I'm gonna eat a really light lunch so I can enjoy tonight's steak! To whomever has seen the movie "Madagascar" - Alex the Lion has good taste! Anyhoo, I'm taking lunch in 45 minutes with Denise. We're gonna pick up...some sort of food along the way and go over to do some shopping at MEC. I'm still thinking whether I should or shouldn't get a duffle bag from MEC. I'm really tempted....to use it as a luggage bag when I go away. Anyway, I'll have to see! If I do get it and don't like it, I can return it anyway! So yea! Today is gonna be chill! I'm picking up my Polarized Oakley's tonight so that I have them for tomorrow's softball game. It BETTER be sunny!! I'm also going fishing on Sunday!! Wheeee!

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Laid back softball practice eh? I guess I need to work you guys harder.

I'm hearing "suicides" in the air.....hmm...*grin*

And there ain't nothing you can do about it..muhahahah!

Friday, June 17, 2005 1:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

hey you! i haven't talked to you in a while! anyways, sounds like you're having a pretty good summer ^__^ hope you're feeling better, ttyl!!!

Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

so much for the sun, and also so much for the fishing trip :S

Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home