stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Fun weekend numéro deux

Oh boy oh boy! It's been a while since I last posted and there's so much to be said!

Holy cow - it's been about a week since I last posted?! I can't seem to remember everything that happened last week. Dang!

I think I actually went home for dinner last Monday. It was about time I showed my face at home after not having been home for the weekend.

I worked on Tuesday and then went over to the house for dinner. I can't remember what we ate, but it was made on the BBQ. I think it was pork chops?

Wednesday again was work. Then I went to the house to cook up some dumplings as Zin cleaned up after a day of work. We biked over to the Bethune Dining Hall and had our first YUBC Exec Meeting of 05-06.

On Thursday, I woke up and tried to do tons of laundry. Then I went out to have late dim sum with my mom and Joe. THEN I came home and started to pack. I waited for my dad to get home to take me the Finch Station Passenger Pick-up. I met up with Zin there and we hit up the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket to buy new shades at The Sunglass Hut. Omg...I can't believe he got the same shades as me. We now both have a pair of Oakley A-Wires. Mine are gold though, and his are black/charcoal. Anyway, we stopped by a TD and a convenience store for ice cream and Schneider's Hot Rods. Those things used to taste SO much better. Now they just remind me of dog food. Bleh. We got lost along the way to Wasaga because of the crappy Mapquest directions - "make a slight right here, make a right, make a slight left, make a left..." Like, what the HECK is a slight right onto a Country Road?! Aiiiii....We finally made it to Saga Resort by 11:30 or so.

On Friday we had a late brunch of pancakes and bacon, followed by a pseudo-walk out the beach. I say pseudo- because we didn't even make it to out the beach before turning back towards the hotel. The weather was really cruddy - windy, blowing sand, storm clouds, cold conditions. Everyone was leaving the beach. We ended up spending the rest of the day indoors watching movies and Star Trek in the jacuzzi...save for when we had to grill lamb loin chops on the BBQ for dinner. I totally pigged out on the trip though - cheetos, ice cream, chip 'n dip, pop, etc. *sigh* I'm such a fatso.

On Saturday we checked out and left the car in the parking lot. We finally headed down to the beach (finally, and right before we LEFT Wasaga, of all times). Shopping around for a necklace similar to the one I'd gotten during the Grad Trip, as well as a swimsuit that would actually fit and not be psycho loose on me, I only successfully found one of the two. I managed to get a necklace and a bracelet that matched. However, I didn't have much luck with the swimsuit. The smallest size they had anywhere was 5-6, which is way too big for me. It was either that, or kids sizes. Niiiiiiiiiiice.... So we had ice cream for breakfast from the Ben & Jerry's shop along the boardwalk. Well, I had a chocolate shake - SO good! Kev had chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Back to Toronto we drove to drop off some of the luggage and stuff and to load the bikes up onto the car. We grilled up some Mesquite burgers before hitting the road again, bound for his cottage up in Coboconk. We arrived in time for another tasty dinner à la Karl, consisting of risotto with portobello mushrooms, grilled sugar snap peas and asparagus, grilled shrimp, and grilled pork tenderloin. We headed out on the boat for the geography lesson after that and came back to sit by the warm blazing fire. Dessert consisted of freshly-picked strawberries and tasty Kawartha Dairy vanilla ice cream. Zin and I eventually headed out to the boat by the dock and laid under the stars to admire the breathtaking sight...........until it got way too cold. LOL! Yep, it was still cold in July. Off to bed we went around 1:30-ish?

I awoke at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday to the delicious smell of bacon wafting into my room. Barb was frying some up. I cleaned up and sat around to chat with her for a bit before Kev finally woke up at 11 a.m. We made bacon and eggs for breakfast before going out for a dip in the lake. MAN it was freezing. Well, at least it was for me! We got out, dried off, and decided to go canoeing around for a bit. We docked at this one inlet by a bridge that smelled like urine. That was interesting....We rowed back to the dock and began our hunt for crayfish. We caught 14 in total and kept them in the bucket for the day! Hehe! It was one big bucket of not-so-happy crayfish! LOL! Barb and Karl's friends arrived sometime during our crayfish adventure. That's when all of us headed out on the boat again to watch Zin on the wakeboard. Then Wade went on the kneeboard, seeing as how he couldn't get his size 12 feet into the wakeboard. Heh. Next Whitney wakeboarded around the lake for a bit before it was my turn to try water skiing. Oh man...was I ever freaked out....me being the one who definitely cannot swim well and such....so yea. It was definitely an experience. I was up twice but didn't stand up far enough before wiping out, so I've been told. I have no clue. I just remember wiping out. Oiiiii....I went tubing after that with Whitney though, and that was MAJOR fun! Hahah! I was airborne at least 3 times! LOL! We came back to shore after that and snacked on stuff before Zin and I headed out to bike on trails. I got eaten alive by mosquitos and Kev's bike chain broke when we were as far away from the cottage as one could possibly be. LOL! He ended up having to use the bike as a scooter during the trip back. A big bunny happened to cross our path at the top of the crazily steep hill. We always seem to run into bunnies when we bike. Last time we saw 5 on the bike trail near York. This time we see this mother of a big fat hoppity thing! LOL! Anyway, we packed up our luggage and took some dinner for the road before heading back to Toronto.......but of course we had to stop for ice cream along the way. "Death By Chocolate" was definitely tasty and to die for. Ok....that pun sucked...and I don't like puns. Why did I just pun?! *sigh*

Yesterday consisted of going in to work late. I was supposed to be in for 8:45 but I went in for the afternoon instead at 1:00 and stayed until 8:15 to do seating. I met up with Zin at Downsview and we headed back to the house to grill up some pork chops, mushrooms, and zucchini for dinner. Brian came home from Newmarket and we chatted for a bit. I went home, got Joe to help apply some mosquito after-bite stuff onto my INSANELY ITCHY bites, and then I went to bed.

I didn't sleep well last night because I was up most of the time writhing in bed from the itchiness. I didn't dare look at my clock for fear of finding out how few hours I had left before having to wake up for work. I did get out of bed this morning and even had enough time to cook up some soft-boiled eggs for breakfast. I had a cheesestring and half a cup of coffee as well. Now it's lunchtime and I'm gonna go heat up the food I brought from home. That's right. No buying today.........for once. I also have a yogurt...and Rice Krispie squares...and Maltesers...as snacks. Man, am I at work or am I feasting?! Bottom line is that I'm a fatso and no one can refute that. Oh, that, and a warzone.....heheh! *runs away*

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I would like to refute. Can I refute? I'll take that as a yes :D

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:46:00 PM

 
Blogger iola said...

I'll answer...NO for donna...^^

oh, post about numero trois! *wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

=P

Sunday, July 10, 2005 12:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home