stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Another week gone

How come I can never find time to blog until a week has passed since the last entry? *sigh* Again I apologize that each entry must be so long.

I left work around 7 something on Monday and headed up to Yorkdale to meet Kev at the PJ's. I picked up three Chinese algae eaters, 8 male guppies, and a sliding glass canopy. We headed back to the house, took care of the fishies (I think??), and then made some food - just some quick fried rice was thrown together.

Same old deal for work on Tuesday. Worked from 8:45 until 5:30 or so. Got to have lunch with Joe at the Elephant & Castle. I had the Bangers, Bean, and Mash again. I really don't like the beans and their mashed potatoes aren't very good (I like my own more!) but the English sausage is so good. Joe's Mushroom and Cheese Burger was tasty too. My lunch was so filling - I felt SO sleepy after eating. For the rest of the afternoon I tried so hard to stay awake. Luckily, around 4 p.m or so we sang Happy Birthday to Lucas and also had a mini celebration that seating was over. They broke out the beer and wine and juice and did a small toast sorta thing in the department. Hahaha...that's the second time we've been able to drink on the job. It's crazy! Aren't there any, like...RULES....against this? Anyway, after work, I went back uptown to the house and we went to Big Al's on Steeles for female guppies and neon tetras. I think leftover fried rice was all we had for dinner? I honestly can't remember.

I was up until almost 3:00 dealing with fishies and talking on the phone with Michelle or something. I trekked downtown to BCE Place to have lunch with Aileen at Marché. mMmm! Haven't been there for quite some time now. I had rosti with smoked cheddar sausage, and chocolate ice cream for dessert! I went back uptown to the house again just as the A/C guy was wrapping up with his inspection, and Kev decided not to head back to work. Instead we headed out to early to Baskin Robbins at Centerpoint for milkshakes and cookies from Felix & Norton, then Big Al's to return two tetras that didn't last. We went home and grilled up some chicken, mushrooms and asparagus for dinner. I had WATERMELON for dessert! Heeeehehehe! I'm getting into the crazy swing of watermelon again! I got into pretty big trouble upon arriving home. Mom was pretty pissed because there was some idiot skateboarding around my street at like...MIDNIGHT...like an absolute freakin' RETARD and so she started to get scared that it was unsafe. That f-ing retard was skating around last week too. Like, what the freaking hell?!?! He got me in trouble! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I didn't head into work on Thursday cuz I'd been up til almost 5:00 a.m. dealing with the fish. I had to change the gravel in my tank, do a water change, clean out the filter, clean up the big mess that occurred on my carpet from water spillage, etc etc. Ugh. It just turned out to be a big nightmare. Anyway, I woke up, took care of more fish stuff (ANOTHER tetra went, along with 12 Danio's. ARGH!), then headed out to the house around 3-ish. I heated up some leftover Shepherd's Pie and started watching Ellen because Angelina Jolie was doing a guest appearance. Brian came home for a bit, and then Kev got home from work. We headed out to Pacmall so that he could get a haircut and got the biggest scare in the meantime. Just as we were approaching the hairdresser's I saw Joe and my dad inside. Like.....what the hell?!?! MURPHY'S LAW, much?!?! Oh man. I totally freaked out and RAN through the mall as far away from that shop as possible. We hid upstairs for a bit in the cultural area while snacking on egg waffle (Gai Dan Jai - tiny chicken eggs??) for a bit before heading back down when it seemed to be safe. Oii...that totally threw me off for the rest of the day. I mean, it was already a pretty pissy day cuz 12 Danio's died, my mom blasted me before I went out the door, and then I totally get spooked from almost running into family. Anyway, after Pacmall we went back to Felix & Norton to get Barb's present, then Big Al's to exchange another tetra and pick up some other stuff. We went back to the house, I did some dishes, then went home. What a f-ing crappy day. I eventually made a cup noodle at home because I was so hungry and fell asleep watching Family Guy.

I woke up around 11:00 and decided to treat my family to dim sum for lunch. I don't know why. I just felt like it, I guess? Karen, Joe, my mom and I headed out to Jade Dynasty and ordered a whack of food. For the remainder of the afternoon I was home working on stuff and whatnot. I hopped into the shower around 7:00 and got ready for my date with the girls. Dad dropped me off for the 9:00 p.m. reservation at Centro for Summerlicious '05. The food was good, but I was not impressed with the service. On two occasions someone dropped something or whatnot. Not impressive. On the whole the food was good and the experience was fun. I had the Fruitwood Smoked Salmon with Cress Salad and Lemon Vinaigrette, followed by the Tandoori Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Mango Chutney. For dessert I got the Caramelized Bananas Banana Split with Raspberry Sorbet and Pineapple Salsa. The smoked salmon salad was tasty, even with this light but crazy wasabi-like dressing on it. I don't normally like spiciness (frankly I can't handle it) but it really accentuated the flavours of the salmon. The pork tenderloin was good, but Michelle's Grilled Tiger Prawn and Scallop Brochette was really tasty too. The scallop was just seared on the outside and still soft on the inside. mMmmm. I finished off the evening with a really rich and smooth café latte. I had a blast and can't wait until Winterlicious! :) One weird thing though - what kind of high end restaurant has Kleenex as what you use to dry your hands?! That was just...odd. Anyway, Michelle dropped Janis and I back here at my place as Janis waited for her dad to come get her. I popped online after that and webcammed for most of the night. My internet has actually cut out now but I decided to finish this entry offline. Who knows when I'll be able to actually post this up? Tomorrow I'm off to Queen's/Kingston for most of the day to see Karen's apartment and such. I can't believe that she's actually going to be gone in about a month's time. It hasn't fully sunken in yet, but I'm already pretty sad about it. I don't really want to know how I'm going to feel when the time actually comes. I guess it's all a part of life. Either way, I'm really excited for her though. It'll be a really good experience for her, to be away and pursue her dream. Anyhoo, I think I've rambled for long enough. I think the café latte is finally wearing off. I'm getting sleepy. Goodnight folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home