stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Monday, July 11, 2005

And finally, number 3!

First off, I will start by complaining about how insanely ITCHY my eyes are today...for the gazillion-th time! They're so itchy that I want to scratch them! LOL! Okay, maybe not so much...but I really do want something to relieve the itching!

It seems like the best that I can do nowadays is to post one entry per week or so. Yep - that means crazy long posts. Sorry.......

I left off with last Tuesday the 5th - just under a week ago. I stuck around at work post-5 p.m. for a little bit (hence no softball practice), then headed uptown to buy a bunch of stuff at Costco with Zin. Then we made some crazy lamb kebobs and grilled up some mushrooms and asparagus on the BBQ for dinner. Honestly, I don't know what lambs or cows did to me in my past life, but it must not have been pretty or nice considering how often I seek revenge on their kind nowadays. LOL!

I worked from 8:45-5:00 on Wednesday the 6th, then met up with Kev, Iola, and Brian at Tait for badminton - ONLY to find out that the gyms were all in use for university basketball or stupid dance classes. *grrr* I hate our stupid campus!!!!!! Anyway, we decided to go back to the house, grab a snack(s) and/or change, then go to Lee's up in Markham for badminton. It cost $10.70 to play for about 3-4 hours. Kev left early to take care of stuff, so Brian, Shirley, Aaron Poon and I headed to KBBQ at Commerce for dinner around 11:00 or so. Oh man...it was pretty darn gross. So unhealthy and greasy! If I wasn't so hungry I wouldn't have eaten that. Ugh. I got in around 1:15 a.m. or so and went to bed knowing that I was going to wake up at 7:00 a.m. the next morning to call in for the afternoon.

So, as I was saying.....I woke up at 7 on Thursday and called in saying that I was going to go in at 1 p.m. maybe (or moreso, that I'd call to let them know). I woke up at 10 to shower and such...and was going to go in for 1:00 p.m. As I was getting ready though, I realized that there was still a whole bunch of stuff that I needed to tend to before going to work. Crud! I ended up calling in to tell Fiona that I was going to be home for the remainder of the day but that I'd go in the next day (on my day off) to finish up all my seating for half the day. I took care of all the stuff, then called up Emily to see if she wanted to eat. She picked me up and we went to retrieve Brian. Off to FMP we went, where we had dim sum for lunch. We hit up Yo's and I ended up purchasing a new racquet. It cost me $180!!! OUCH. So yea....I got a new Carbonex 30 Muscle with BG 80's strung at 21 lbs. Lemme tell you though. It's a SWEET racquet. Anyway, we hit up Smart Maple for a little but before going to Pacmall for Brian's haircut. Emily picked up Jackie from work and then we headed out to do some grocery shopping. We picked back up my racquet and made our way over to the Great Canadian Superstore at Dufferin/Steeles. Kev arrived with Alex and Elly, and we went back to the house to play some ping pong, grill up some hot dogs and just chill. We decided to go for bubbletea at Empress' TenRen's later in the evening. That almond milk tea was SO powdery. Bleh!

I was psycho tired after having slept for only 2.5 hours and having to work at 8:45 until 12:00. Thank goodness it was only a half day - otherwise I wouldn't have survived. I dozed every chance that I got on the TTC. As I was walking up my street after getting off the bus, I found $20!! Sweet!!!! I did some laundry and then passed out on my beanbag chair for about 45 minutes - until my mom came home. I flopped back down and awoke again at 2:45 to the home renovations contractor dude arriving at my door. He worked everything out within 45 minutes and left - finally. Of course, by now, I didn't have enough time to nap yet again. *sigh* So yea, I started to pack and Kev eventually came to pick me up with Brian. We hit up the bank so that I could deposit some money, and the rest is history. I passed out in the car cuz I was feeling really week. I was running on 2.5 hours of sleep and hadn't eaten since 7:30 a.m. It was now at least 6:00 p.m....so yea. Not too cool. I woke up when we arrived back at the house and I was about to go cook some dinner...but I really needed to lie down. I needed to either nap, or eat something and lie down. Either way, I needed to rest for a little bit. I next awoke to Kev telling me that food was ready. D'oh. So much for me making dinner. *sigh* I suck. Anyway, I headed downstairs and ate the filet mignon and veggies that he'd cooked up, and then I started on the dishes. The food definitely made me feel more human. We headed out around 10:30 or so and hit up Shopper's so that I could get some contact solution. At Jane and Finch a crazy accident involving some dude who ran a red happened right as we were making a left. Oh man! It was nuts! We were right next to it! So we hopped onto the 401 and made our way into Waterloo. Holy cow. The roads are bad enough as it is in there, but with construction....like, it's just RETARDED. All 4 ways into Brian's cousin's street were blocked. Like...wth?! *sigh* Anyway, we finally took a crazy detour, dropped him off, and made our way to St.Paul's to get settled in.

We arrived at the gym shortly after 9 and warmed up. Ivy and Nhi were there already and had set up in a small area by the door. It soon became too crowded so we caved and moved further down along the gym wall. The tourny was lots of fun. Even though Iola and I only won our first match, the games themselves (even when we lost) were really good. They were a good pace with good competition and many good rallies. Kev and I won our first two games for mixed, so we were stuck in the "A" Flight. Oh MAN! We got slaughtered for our third game. Haha! Overall, Mixed too was a lot of fun. I've never ran so much for doubles before! LOL! People always pick on me. :( We stuck around and watched some of the final games before heading out to Leung Yau for hot pot. The watermelon juice was SO tasty with the hot food! Before heading back to Toronto we hit up UPlaza at Philip and University to get bubbletea! Brian and I were psycho full so we decided to pass and lie on Iola's hood to look at the stars instead. Hahah...we also had some insane laughing fits because of how tired and full we were!

On Sunday, I woke up around 1 p.m. and showered. Kev made some bagels and scrambled eggs for brunch, and then we headed out to the Super Pet at Lawrence and Yonge.....only to discover that most of Yonge was closed off for the Celebrate Toronto street festival. D'oh! We ended up parking our car along a side street, and walked over to the store. Four female bettas and a small 5 gallon tank was purchased. We hit up the Great Canadian Superstore at Dufferin and Steeles to pick up some popsicles, watermelon, nectarines, cabbage rolls, etc. Back at the house, while organizing a bunch of stuff, we cooked up some chicken fingers that were not so tasty, and also finished off the cinammon rolls that his mom bought him....which also were not so tasty. LOL! Finally we cooked up some quick shepherd's pie - this time with a totally experimental recipe instead of the usual kind that we make - and it turned out to be pretty tasty! Anyway, before I knew it, it was hometime again. So yea....nothing excited happened at home. I arrived, unpacked some dirty badminton clothes, washed up, and passed out.

I woke up around 7 today and was psycho tired. I quickly washed up, threw on some clubs, and rolled out the door to work. I shouldn't have worn contacts today - my eyes have been SO itchy since putting them on. I've been wanting to rub my eyes like mad all day. It's lunchtime now, by the way, and I've been at this blog since at least 12:15 or so. Well, I did have to actually do some work in between. Anyway, I think this post is way too long so I'll stop..........here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home