stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Friday, December 10, 2004

Bummer

Jeez, this really freakin' bites.

I was all giddy and stuff after watching this week's O.C. roughly 45 minutes ago. I come back downstairs to the computer and rave about it with Jason and Angela.

So I'm chatting away, happy and all, and then it hits me. Not really out of the blue, but moreso....the fact that it dawned on me. Now these thoughts are spiralling through my mind and I'm seething with frustration.

I feel like I'm the distraction that's welcome when one is busy and not wanting to tend to said unpleasant task. However, upon becoming free, then I'm no longer needed; shafted because there are seemingly better things to do. Well, frankly, I'm nobody's b*tch, alright? I don't come at your beck and call, and of all people I certainly wouldn't have expected this type of treatment from you. Joking around is one thing...but when you cross the line, that just isn't fair. I'm sticking with the resolution that I decided on with Anne. Why am I announcing this weirdly over a blog? - because I want to be able to read this again and be reminded not to sway and lose sight of or be able to distinguish between what's real and what's questionable.

While I'm supposed to have my nose buried in a textbook, studying away, my mind has been wandering and processing other thoughts. I've been trying to sort through this cloud of confusion that seems to linger, and I think I'm starting to finally break through the fog. There's been a lot of change and re-structuring, if you will, over the past half a year...and with each new experience comes a slight adjustment or change to how I see things. I can't say that what I hold to has been entirely flipped inside out and upside down. No way - I'm still the same person. The definition has just been tweaked now, or possibly forever altered. Could it just be cirumstancial though, thereby causing this slight change to be but a mere temporary alteration? Then again, if you think about it - there should, could, or will be a time when the definition need not be altered; because everything will be as you'd expected. There would be no need for slightly adjustments in order to accomodate the situation at hand. My reasoning for the adjustment now would be that I'm too young to worry myself over that and waste away the years by not living. Who knows what's in store for me next though? We shall see.

As for now, let me tell you this - it kind of sucks, man.

It's never all glam and glory.

For all of you who don't know what the heck I'm ranting about in this post, here's the lesson to learn from all this: the O.C.'s only a show - scripted, melodramatic, and picture perfect. Life doesn't work that way. It can be great, but don't develop expectations - don't get your hopes up...

fin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thu - main said...

Expectations are great - and of people, if you lose them, you lose hope. I will never succomb to the idea that if you hold no expectations from people you can never be disappointed. That's like those people who say they don't like to make promises b/c they're never sure of the circumstances. We'll, you can't ever be 100% sure, but if you never make any commitments, what good is your word?

~forever optimistic

Friday, December 10, 2004 11:35:00 AM

 
Blogger iola said...

I have to agree with 2 there....tho i've never been one who's been pessimistic, just overly sarcastic at times. Don't give up on your expectations...your expectations are part of your character. To expect less is to accept less than who you are and what you want, to accept less than what you want is to give up on your values. It's a bad train of thought to get into.

Hang in there, I know you're a strong girl and probably just felt like venting. Adjustments you make should build you up not tear you down. To accept a persons flaws and imperfections are totally normal, but not when these flaws force you to put your own values and core expectations on the line.

Sure life isn't the OC, but after developing realistic expectations from life, accepting blunders and learning from them, then moving on ... THATs life. To lose your expectations is to lose what you want from life. To not have any expectations and dreams...is to lose your life. Having high-expectations doesn't necessarily mean aiming for the impossible...it simply means you have to work THAT much harder for your goal, look THAT much harder for what you're looking for and expecting to face THAT much more advisary than a "normal expectation" would.

Friday, December 10, 2004 3:52:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home