stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Monday, November 15, 2004

S-ank you

I just checked up on the dondon blog. I've fallen behind with the posting, yet again. I am now 11 days behind. Oh dear....

Anyway, I'll do a brief one here instead...just to make my life easier when I'm typing up the other blog's massive post in about a week's time or so.

On Saturday, I went for Shanghai food with Iola at Metro. It was good to just chill out and catch up. She dropped me off at Pacmall afterwards, where I took my new Ultra Low Rise jeans to get altered. Kev picked me up afterwards, and we headed up to FMP to buy 10 packs of Yonex grap. Of course, we can't forget the ice cream now. We walked over to the small junk food store that I'd purchased King's ice cream from previously, only to discover that they didn't have any mango left. Hence, we made our way down two shops into Ding Dong's to successfully find a 1-L tub of King's mango ice cream. We just plowed through it on our way over to Bayview Village. I picked up my schedule and dropped off my YUBC tournament letter to Brandon. Then we headed over to Shoppers and picked up a lot of random items. We stopped by Angela's house so that I could retrieve a textbook, then off to Nobleton we went! Dinner was delicious; Karl made onion roasted potatoes, bourbon- and maple syrup- soaked squash, and smoked brisket and beef flank. Oh man, it was so good. On top of that, we had strawberry cheesecake for dessert!!! Before leaving, we drove down to the field to look at the stars. It was a very cold but clear night out. We almost drove over a crazy skunk on the way down to the field. Heh! Skunks are so funny when they run - their fat rears just wiggle and woggle from side to side as they try to run with their short little legs. LOL! =P The sight was amazing (the stars...NOT the skunk's rear). I just wish it hadn't been so cold; I was shaking uncontrollably after being outside for 2 minutes!

Someone fainted at mass yesterday. It was somewhat weird - someone had fainted at Christmas mass last year as well. Maybe they just fell asleep and didn't know - I mean, I do it all the time. No biggy. I went for Shanghai food AGAIN, at the same place that I'd gone to with Iola yesterday, with family. Joe and I went to TenRen's and bought a large green tea slush. mMmm - it's like drinking green tea ice cream! I picked up my jeans from Pacmall, and we swung into Market to pick up some groceries. Back home we went, and I took a quick shower. Grace arrived, and we headed out to Square One in Mississauga to do some crazy shopping at GapBODY. We ended up buying $190 worth of merchandise, even with a 30% discount. Oi. We headed out to Moxie's and met up with Kev, Thu, and friends. It was a good dinner, even though everyone ate at different times. We started off with calamari for an appetizer. Kev and I split two 12" pizzas - Tandoori Chicken and Classic. He bought me a strawberry banana margarita (giddyness ensued!), and I also ordered a Coke. I was pretty darn full by the end of the night. I had to head home and get some work done, so we unfortunately couldn't stick around and go to karaoke/bubbletea with Thu and the gang. We decided to hit up Second Cup at Bayview and Steeles on the way home. You're right; there's something about that coffee shop that makes me talk about negative crap.

Anyway, time to get back to the lab report. I've taken a long enough break....

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

its ok. Sometimes negative things need to be talked about to get things off of our chests. And yes skunks are quite humourous :P

Tuesday, November 16, 2004 12:47:00 AM

 
Blogger iola said...

hehe....skunks aren't so humorous when you're NOT in a car and they're by your house door with their tail sticking up....lucky we have two doors. =P

Donna and friends + car 1, Skunk 1, Iola 0
>.<

Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:18:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww!!!! the skunk must've been so cuteeeeeee!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 23, 2004 9:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Donna said...

[zin]
Still, there's *something* about the Second Cup...heh!
Fat, chubby skunks with short, stubby legs running from super fast Cavaliers....hehehehehe! =P

[iola]
I've come home before to see one sitting on my front steps. That was NOT cool. =S

[anonymous]
Remember when we saw the skunk in your backyard during your party one summer, and we ALL dropped everything and just ran indoors...and left the food to burn on the grill?? Hahaha!

Thursday, November 25, 2004 4:20:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home