stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Sunday, October 24, 2004

A happy turn of events

I've gone from a few really cruddy days to a tiring but fun one today. I fell asleep around 1 a.m. or so last night and woke up at 5:20 to shower and get ready for work. I was out by 6:00 or so (which in my books is a fast shower!), and headed down to the kitchen to make some breakfast - something that I haven't had in a LONG time.

I had two slices of toast with strawberry jam (yum!), and two soft-boiled eggs (I egg-pect Iola to cringe right about now). =P By the time I finished and got changed for work, it was 6:45 already! AH! I quickly woke up the mom and she was nice enough to give me a lift. We did shipment and repping all morning. It was so weird. I didn't do much Stock during today's shift. I was on the Baby floor for the first half of the day, then I was bumped over to Kids...and when I finally had 1/2 an hour left in my shift, I was told to LRT Rep at the back. Oh well.

I fell asleep standing at work today. I was waiting in line to use the bathroom and I leaned against the stock shelves. I actually dozed off. OMG. Not good. On top of that, I wasn't actually queuing to go use the toilet. I desperately needed to wake up; splash my face with some cold water and snap out of it! Mind you, this was 1:00 p.m. - 6 hours into my shift already. That's what happens when you get 4 hours of sleep. My lunch probably didn't do much to keep me up either - a Papa Burger combo.

I headed home after work and curled up on the couch to watch Star Trek: Insurrection. It was a good movie, but I was too exhausted and fell asleep halfway through. I woke up to Iola arriving at my place. We headed up north to her place where I checked out the newly furnished basement! Very nice, I must say! Then we headed to Peachtree Centre in hopes of having some congee for dinner at Congee Wong. The place was packed as usual, so we headed over to Keung's Chicken something for congee instead. We took the long way (via 16th Ave.) over to Twister Karaoke Bar, where she dropped me off and I joined Thu and the gang for some good ol' singing. I probably shouldn't have sang so much though, considering:
  1. I can't any high or low ranges - boo to Alto voices;
  2. I'm sick and should be resting my voice/throat..

Either way, I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I didn't get to duet Jason Mraz's "You And I Both" with Thu....next time! =) All in all, it was very much so a better day than the past few. I got to see Iola, Kev, Thu, the YUBC gang, etc etc.!

I also won a $60 gift card from work for being drawn in this quarter's Signature Service Rewards draw!! AWESOME! =) Woo-hoo!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Thu - main said...

For sure! Next time! Great seeing you again. ^__^

Glad you (and the others) came out.

Take care of yourself, else, you won't be able to go out as much later on when it's really important. ha!

Sunday, October 24, 2004 4:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

perhaps next time (if I learn properly) we can do a duet to Goo Yee Jai :D

Monday, October 25, 2004 12:00:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home