stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Friday, October 22, 2004

A fast return

So I'm back sooner than you thought I would be, eh?

Actually, I'm back to post sooner than I thought, even.

That talk Mish and I had over "dinner" thoroughly bothered me. The evening started out as lighthearted banter; ranging from girly gossip, to parental rants, to good ol' jokes. Then we hit the subject of school.

If anything, that's probably the reason behind my craptacular mood. Add a dash of illness, cruddy weather (i.e. rain, cold, and wind), and some excellent wallowing in self pity....and you've got yourself the perfect recipe for shit-ake mood. Yea, I'm just rambling now...

We touched on so many depressingly true issues. Like how we got screwed over majorly on the Biochem test. Or how the prof is an absolute flake. Or how she might be leaving at the end of the year, again. Or how science students get the short end of the stick. Or how labs just plain suck.

All too often, I ask myself why I'm even taking this path. If you were raised in the typical HK-style/Chinese family, you would understand all too well what it's like to have your aspirations frowned upon. If it doesn't lead to: people calling you Doc, the Bar (not literally - you wish *scoffs*), or you pulling teeth, then it's no good. Gotta love the selection, eh?

She asked me a very interesting question tonight, actually. Why didn't/don't I consider areas in Business and/or PR? Hrm, now that's something to think about. I really didn't know how to reply, to tell you the truth. As lame as it may sound, it just sort of....happened. Would I go as far to say that I'm regretting the path I chose? No, not so much. It's just at times when things get heavy, and you get tired of getting the short end of the stick, that you wish you had more choice. Pressure from the parents, limited choices, financial considerations, what is deemed as a respectable profession by the parents *rolls eyes*, which jobs are in demand, what might seemingly suit you, and the list goes on. Just a number of factors to take into consideration.

I guess this goes to say that, yes, it's quite disheartening and discouraging sometimes - when it seems like the cards are stacked against you, and there's no way around it.

I don't know what I want anymore....*sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Thu - main said...

2 years of regrets is better than 4.

Friday, October 22, 2004 6:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

Thats ok. I'm pretty sure that my parents did not want me to take MUSIC in University either :S

Monday, October 25, 2004 12:04:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home