stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A long forgotten tune...

So Kev likes to call my songs "dondon music" - (i.e. the non-Asian ones that he doesn't listen to). LOL! Whatever...

Anyway, so I was at Jo's place last night and I heard this one particular song that I haven't heard in ages! Yes, yet another one of those tunes that have been backed up on a CD in my many spindles...

It's really been my song of the day. It's a really nice tune! Most of you fellow readers will take to it - sans Kev, of course. It's not Chinese/Mandarin, or weird old hippy rock. Hahah =P

Either way, enjoy!

Babyface feat. Mariah Carey & Kenny G - Everytime I Close My Eyes

"Girl, it's been a long, long time comin'
But I, I know that it's been worth the wait
It feels like springtime in winter
It feels like Christmas in June
It feels like heaven has opened up
its gates for me and you

1-And every time I close my eyes
I thank the Lord that I've got you
And you've got me too
And every time I think of it
I pinch myself 'cause I don't believe it's true
That someone like you loves me too, yeah

Girl, I think that you're truly somethin'
Yes, you are, and you're every bit of a dream come true
With you baby, it never rains and it's no wonder
The sun always shines when I'm near you
It's just a blessing that I have found somebody like you (repeat 1)

To think of all the nights I've cried myself to sleep
You really oughta know how much you mean to me
It's only right that you be in my life
Right here with me, oh baby, baby (repeat 1)"

"It feels like Christmas in June" - when I heard this line, it really put a smile on my face. It's the same happy Christmas-y thought that comes up each year; walking around downtown at night, trees lit up with Christmas lights, shop windows displaying holiday gifts in all their glory, and most of all, the wintery bustle of traffic and life in the city.

Man, I want to watch Serendipity again now. Must add that to my movie list.

Today was a good day. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww....I can't wait til Christmas...I was just talking about it with Melissa a couple days ago and we started to play Christmas songs...=) but yea...walking on the streets downtown...with the lights and light flurries..i just can't wait.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 5:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

Indeed, you are right about the Dondon music :P. But that is ok, we all have our personal preferences. I also dunno about the Christmas in June thing, or Christmas at all for that matter. All that means in the back of my mind is SNOW. EWWWWWW

Thursday, October 21, 2004 12:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home