stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Chicken balls

So, as a Chinese person, I have a confession to make. Up until yesterday, there was an item on the "Canadian"/whitified Chinese food menu that I'd never tried before - chicken balls. Don't get me wrong. I do know what they are, and I have seen them before. I've also seen other people eat them before. It's just that I myself had never tasted this battered, chicken-filled.....sphere....before.

So what occasion brought about such a monumental (hah!) event? Well, Zin and I went up to Brampton (yes, even with the ridiculous amount of snow, as well as the terrible driving conditions!) for the Nobleton Farm Service, etc., company dinner at the Mandarin. The subject of chicken balls got brought up with Norma (their neighbour up in N.dot.). So yes, I gave one a try. It wasn't terribleeeeeeee, but I have definitely eaten tastier things in my lifetime. Hehe!

And that is the story of my very first chicken ball. :P

3 Comments:

Blogger mittens said...

so in waterloo they serve chicken balls and there was always this one server who would always ask "would you like sauce on your balls?" and would then offer you some sweet and sour sauce. that's my chicken balls story

Monday, January 24, 2005 5:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Donna said...

HAH!
Oh Bryan, how you make me laugh!
Hahahaha :P

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 2:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Thu - main said...

what? it's true, balls are always tastier w/ sauce on them! duh!

Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home