stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Sheer panic and exhaustion = the here and now

I'm just about ready to give up on studying for this BIOL 2030 lab exam. After having written my Biochem final at 10 p.m., Zin gave me a lift home and we talked for a bit in the car. The snow was starting to fall more heavily, and it was quite the breathtaking sight. I wish I actually had time to stand by my room window upstairs and peer out onto the street. I'm hoping to see an undisturbed white blanket covering the towering pine tree, and all the roofs to be snowed over.

I have to be at the lab in roughly 6.5 hours. I've been sitting here studying all night, and my eyes are starting to give. Jason just suggested that I roll out the door, sans shower and washing up. That's a bit hardcore, if you ask me. I don't think that I'll have to resort to such *extreme* measures....even for my last final of this term! My, how sweet that sounds. In less than 12 hours, it'll all be over. What started as a hell-ish month on the 8th is finally coming to an end. Actually, the month of hell was really November, when I was slammed with schoolwork being due left and right. That's all in the past now though....so take THAT, Biology! Hrm, maybe I shouldn't say that yet....not until I'm actually DONE my final at 2 p.m. Hahah!

There's still quite a bit of studying to be done for this Animal Biology exam. I'm basically trying to cram all these terms into my head right now, but the fatigue is really hitting hard now. Coffee will do nothing but make my stomach turn and get my bladder going.

Over the past 2 months or so (i.e. since the beginning of November), I'm sure I've packed on a few pounds. I've picked up a racquet maybe....three times? It's starting to feel a little gross...not having been away from the computer or desk or library. Hopefully the Christmas break will involve some physical activity. Otherwise, come January, I'll be a nice Asian pear. LOL! I'm just kidding. Maybe a little round, I suppose? An Asian....pomelo? (a.k.a. "look yow"). Err...that fruit is also shaped like a pear. Dagnammit! I'm destined to be pear shaped prior to being 40! Noooooo! :P

My Six Feet Under Season 2 DVD boxset that I got off eBay arrived last Thursday. Totally ecstatic, I attempted to test out the discs the minute I arrived home. Of course, given my luck, along with Murphy's Law and the whole shabang, my DVD player wouldn't function properly. I then remembered that Joe had mentioned something about "DVD player...Lord of the Rings...blah blah blah" a few days prior. A-ha! He was The CULPRIT! So, before heading out to nerd it up at Steacie, I conveniently left Joe a semi-death threat-ish note along the lines of: Fix my DVD player if you want to live. It keeps giving me the message NO DISC. I returned that evening to receive some grim news. It was still dead. Eventually, we resorted to e-mailing Technical Support at the brand's website. They finally replied yesterday to inform me that the disc loader was faulty/dysfunctional (DUH! Like I didn't know that!), and that I would be able to ship it back for repairs under warranty. Just SPLENDID. Now I don't have a DVD player to watch my new boxset with over the break. My holiday is now 3/5th's ruined. :(

So here's my desperate plea for help!

Does anybody have a DVD player that I can borrow for the break/a few days....just so that I can spend 13 consecutive hours watching Six Feet Under?

PLEASE?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home