stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Procrastination outside of the office

That's right - I actually DO post outside of the office. I didn't really get a chance to even contemplate typing up an entry at work today. It was crazy busy with ticket packaging, pulling tickets, people who don't understand the words "SOLD OUT", etc. Oh well. It's good to be back and doing something.

Update on the arm - so I went to talk to the doc earlier this week. She wrote up a referral for me to do physiotherapy. This is sooo going to cost me.

Anyway, the purpose of this post was not to update on my weekly routine. I'll do that later on when I have more time. I was clearing out my many e-mail inboxes just now and I found this and felt like sharing it. I'm sure many of you have read this before already, but it never hurts to post it for the select few who haven't.

Enjoy!

20 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Level of INsanity
  1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
  2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
  3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
  4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "In".
  5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
  6. In the Memo field of all your cheques, write "For sexual favours".
  7. Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy".
  8. Dont use any punctuation
  9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
  10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
  11. Specify that your drive-thru order is "To-go".
  12. Sing along at the opera.
  13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
  14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
  15. Fives days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
  16. Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard.
  17. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I won! I won!!"
  18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "Run for your lives! They're loose!!"
  19. Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity....

.....and they always tell you to send out this e-mail to the world, but yeaaaaa yeaaaaaa...whatever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm one of the select few. That's funny stuff, if everyone just did one of those the world would be a funnier place! Here's one I always do. Every time you are around people speaking a foreigh language you don't understand, look and listen intently then nod and smile to their comments. It will really mess with their mind!!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:45:00 PM

 
Blogger iola said...

Donna, about next friday...sorry but I'm not in the mood. ^_^

Friday, August 19, 2005 10:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Donna said...

[robert richards iii]
Hey Rob! How's it going? Still at the Rogers Centre or are you done for the summer?

Today's one of those days where I feel like pulling off one of the listed items, only to amuse myself. I'm so extremely bored & out of it. I need to get out of here - and it's only 10:30 a.m.!!!!

By the way, don't worry about the Jays tickets on the 26th/27th. It's too much trouble for you to go downtown to get the tickets on a weekend. I told my brother that it wasn't possible. No worries. :)

[iola]
Ahh! That's just MEAN! LOL!

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:58:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home