stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A new era

I swear I didn't steal that line from the O.C................

So I dropped BIOL 2040 last night because I hated the course too much. Sure, you may sometimes have to work through things that you hate, but there is no point in me taking this course anymore. I had a very long talk with Karen last night, and I think I'm going to diverge away from the path of Biology. It's going to be a pretty big change, and it leaves me with a feeling of uncertainty. Nonetheless, I need to explore other options. There's more out there for me, where I can apply myself, than just Biology textbooks and fruit fly lab experiments.

So, as of this summer, I'm not taking any Science courses. I'm going to work, and research, and find out what's out there in preparation for September. When the schoolyear starts up again, I'm going to be taking stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with Bio. I'm not scrapping it entirely, but it's being put on hold. I'm on hiatus from Biology.

It's pretty frightening...straying from what I originally thought I wanted to do. It's funny considering I don't know what I want to do, and yet I know it's not Biology. Anyhoo, nothing's ever set in stone. It's risky to think that I'm going to spend a year's worth of time and money "exploring"....but right now it is the lesser of two evils.

With that, here's to a new era *cheers*.

(that ALSO was not from the O.C. *ahem*)

1 Comments:

Blogger tetley tee said...

kudos to you for doing what your heart desires. in a vague way.

there's no mistake, you won't realise whether or not you like something unless you try it first. and although you're not sure what you want at the moment, at least you've narrowed down the path.

remember, everything is a learning experience if you look at it with an open mind. I know you'll do well in whatever you chose to persue.

ps. the cheque will be brought home with my parents today. :)

Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home