stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Gettin' in the groove

Lately I've been listening to a lot of guitar-y pieces. I haven't really touched any of my rock and alternative tracks for the past while, simply because I haven't been in the mood for them. It's hard to say which genre of music is my 'favourite'. I don't really have one. So for one to ask me, "What's your favourite musical genre?" or "Who's your favourite artist?", I would have to answer with something like:

"This is a tough one. I listen to a wide variety of musical genres, ranging from alternative, to Euro/dance, to slow mellow tunes, to the occasional hip-hop/rap song. It really depends on the song itself, if you ask me. I always find myself making exceptions for tunes from genres that I don't normally take to."

It has such a calming effect. Well, when I say "it", I mean the tracks currently on my playlist, at least. I still have yet to meet my guitar player. =)

The other night, I told Nobleton Dan to listen to the version of "Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit. He just scoffed and laughed at me. Yes, The Who had done the original cover, and I indeed did give it a try. I must admit that I don't like it as much as Limp Bizkit's version. Sorry, dude...

Anyway, so here I leave you with a few of the track names. Give 'em a try, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have thus far....
  • Dishwalla - Angels And Devils
  • Eve 6 - Here's To The Night
  • Lifehouse - Everything
  • Lifehouse - Take Me Away
  • Lifehouse - Take Me Away (Acoustic)
  • Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes
  • Jason Mraz - You And I Both

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home