stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I guess you'll never know...

That phrase seems to quite be prevalent in my life lately.  It's been used in different contexts, of course, but let's not go there.

There is one meaning behind it that I will share with you all though.  Having gone up to Waterloo this past weekend for the Survival Of The Fittest (SOTF) badminton tournament, I left home for approximately 72 hours, and what a 3-day span it was!  Not to say that I did anything particularly wild or insane, but it sure served as a mild teaser and eye-opener.

Something as simple as being able to cook as I please - not for a trip, not for a group - but just for one or two, was simply....fun?  Then again, that comes with my passion to tinker in the kitchen.  All the same though, it was good.  I would love to do it more often given that circumstance allowed for it.

Having gone to Ed's place on Saturday night, after the big hot pot dinner, was another event that triggered this sad, sad, and more sad realization of mine.  We just chilled for a few hours on his couch watching Superstars USA, Top Gun, Rat Race, and whatever else happened to be on TV, while enjoying some good ol' party mix, dried fruit mix, watermelon, cantaloupe, and beer.  The simplicity of it all is quite astounding, if you ask me.  Or maybe it's just because I'm not accustomed to this lifestyle and therefore find it to be the coolest thing ever.  But as Steph C. had put it, "the novelty wears off after a while."  I can imagine this to be true, yes.  I probably wouldn't be going "ooh, ahh" over residence life if I was actually in that boat. 

But...again....I'm not.  So yes, all in all, it was a fantastic weekend filled with badminton in the sauna-like gym called CIF, a fun hot pot dinner with good company, chilling with buddies, and just coming and going as I pleased. 

With all that said, seeing that I won't be able to get the full rez-life experience, onto Plan B I go.  What is Plan B, you ask?  Well, maybe one day I'll divulge that to you folks.  For the time being, I don't want to jinx it...

1 Comments:

Blogger iola said...

I'm glad it was an experience....now you know why it's so frustrating to come back to TO on wkends to have my parents on my case. But it's all good, it really isn't that bad =) I miss home :(

Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home