stones taught me to fly
love, it taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Farewell after 5 years...

...to my Nautica glasses. They finally broke after being smashed by a basketball, slept on, forced through everyday wear, etc.

Hence I was forced to wear my fairly old pair of contacts last week. I couldn't recall when I had opened them. They'd just been sitting in their case for some time. I was somewhat reluctant to stick these things into my eyes. Then again, I had no other choice. I wouldn't be able to read anything if I didn't. Out of desperation I quickly called the optometrist's office and ordered a new 3-month set. Given my luck, of course (stupid Murphy's law!), they didn't have my Acuvue Advances. Instead, I had the option of downgrading, or to upgrade to some new Acuvue Oasys lens. Great. I just had to spend more money.

Funny thing is that my eye check-up is due in about one week's time. Now I'll have to get new glasses. How about some goggles? :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a person who needs lenses to see, I first send you my condolences. I hate people who can see clearly! Second, I commend you on lasting 5 years with one pair of glasses. I guess it's time to move on. I personally love my O2Optix contacts. Good luck with whatever you get!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Donna said...

Yea, I think it's good incentive to buy a new pair of frames. I was getting really bored with the now-broken ones.

After 5 years, you'd imagine that a fresh pair would be a good idea. :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

:(

Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home